B’Nai Israel Synagogue was built in 1948. Max Siegel wanted his grandson to have his Bar Mitzvah in a “Synagogue”. Before that, services were held above a department store in downtown Anderson.
The congregation has been in Anderson for well over 100 years.
For more information about Anderson and B’nai Israel, go to Anderson History and ISJL Digital Archive.
The pictures below are of the stained glass windows in the synagogue. The plaques tell who donated each.
Click to connect to B’nai Israel